There’s an app for that!
These days, there’s a smartphone app for just about everything. But what about spiritual concerns? Where can you turn?
• Depressed? Try the joy app. Read Isaiah 51:11.
• Tired? Try the renewal app. Read Isaiah 40:30-31.
• Unsettled? Try the peace app. Read Philippians 4:7.
• Unloved? Try the love app. Read Romans 8:38-39.
• Worried? Try the refuge app. Read Psalm 46:1.
• Fearful? Try the power app. Read 2 Timothy 1:7.
• Guilty? Try the forgiveness app. Read Colossians 1:13-14.
• Praying? Try the prayer app. Read 1 John 5:14-15.
The Scriptures are God’s storehouse of meaningful applications for what we face every day. Think of the Bible as the iTunes Store of spiritual apps. Best of all, everything’s free! —Timothy Merrill
Published in: September 2014